As the Wisconsin university that enrolls the largest number of military personnel and dependents, UWM is honored to help student veterans and their families pursue their educational goals.
To each veteran, I would extend a personal welcome. Please visit UWM, whether in person or online, and learn more about the campus resources designed for your academic success.
— Michael R. Lovell, UWM Chancellor
- By the Numbers
- 1,000+ veterans and reservist enrolled
- 400+ dependents and spouses enrolled
- 6 military education benefit programs
- 3 ROTC Programs (Army, Air Force, Navy)
- UWM Veterans Join Student Veterans of America
- Student veterans on campus this year have teamed up and joined the Student Veterans of America or SVA. SVAJoining the SVA permits admittance into the larger community of veterans enrolled in higher education across the country. SVA is dedicated to addressing the issues facing servicemembers, setting goals, networking, and advocacy through teamwork which benefits all [...]
- Veterans request a DD-214 on-line
- The Office of Military Personnel Files has announced that veterans and the next of kin of deceased veterans can now submit a request for a copy of their DD214, Record of Military Service on-line. For more information please visit: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- Veterans Employment Resources
- The top job board for separating or retiring military personnel is VetJobs.com ; the only veteran-specific website in the recent top 30 employment websites. Post resumes, search for jobs, find resources, and much more. The National Resource Directory is also available via our website links or can be accessed here for jobs that parallel a [...]
- UWM Students called to Active Duty
- Students called up for Federal involuntary active duty military service during the school year have options to alleviate the impact on their studies. Students have several grading options available to them, as well as, relief for tuition and/or housing bills. Find more information here or contact the MEBO with any questions: http://www4.uwm.edu/academics/military.cfm/
- Veterans Wisconsin Education Portal
- The UW System and Wisconsin Technical College System are pleased to be working together to make it as easy as possible for veterans like you to access benefits, make the transition from military service to college, and find the right fit from among Wisconsin’s public colleges and universities. The individuals and resources listed on this [...]
UWM is the ultimate learning destination for veterans
We share your strong ideals and commitment to excellence. Find out why over 1,000 students call UWM home.
- We enroll the most student veterans in WI
- Our campus is easy to get around for disabled students.
- Live and learn alongside fellow veterans in the PantherBarracks
Have questions? We can help you with:
- Wisconsin GI Bill
- Federal Montgomery GI Bill
- National Guard Tuition Grant
- VetEd Tuition Reimbursement
- Students called to Active Duty
- Withdrawal policies
- And more!