Email marketing provides another marketing touch point to reach your audience in a timely and cost-effective manner. It's a great way to enhance relationships, advocate customer loyalty, acquire new customers and encourage immediate action using visually-enhanced messages.
Email Marketing Options
There are two ways to manage an email marketing program and send messages to your target audience:
- pantherLIST campus email list service and free open source Thunderbird email client
- Emma, campus enterprise email marketing service provider
Use pantherLIST and Thunderbird if:
- Your list is comprised of primarily UWM email addresses.
- You are sending to a group for which unsubscribing is not allowed (i.e., official communications from the Chancellor’s office, message to students enrolled in a program, board of directors, etc).
Use the UWM-approved email service provider Emma if your list consists of mostly off-campus addresses and you want to:
- Easily craft messages online using a UWM-branded template or uploaded html file
- Use features such as spam scoring, send timer, ability to add social sharing buttons and message personalization
- Give your audience the ability to control preferences and automatically unsubscribe
- Search and segment audience based on demographics and responses without having to upload a new list
- Use analytics to track your messages' effectiveness
By utilizing Emma, the UWM enterprise email marketing service, you can realize significant cost savings as compared to using another third party vendor on your own.
The cost is $15/month and a per address charge based on a tiered plan:
Tier 1: 0-10,000 emails - $.0085 per email
Tier 2: 10,001-25,000 emails - $.0070 per email
Tier 3: 25,000-50,000 emails - $.0065 per email
Tier 4: 50,001 or more emails - $.0060 per email
For 5 or less email batches/messages per year with less than 500 addresses per batch/message, a single-time use option is available through the UWM joint account at a flat fee of $20.
Our professional designers can create the look and feel of your email marketing campaign or message. Affordable design rates and quick turnaround will make the creation of your email marketing a breeze!
Use of Emma or account set-up:
Contact Gina Johnson, Visual Design, at email@example.com or 414-229-2406
Designing your next email:
Contact Laura Glawe, Interim Assistant Vice Chancellor Marketing Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-229-6444.