2013 Summer Hours
Tuesday thru Thursday
May 28-June 20
Monday thru Thursday
June 24-August 15
Curtin Hall 127
Satellite will reopen
September 16, 2013
Writing Center – Appointments
You are welcome to walk in to the Center without an appointment although we highly recommend you make one to guarantee a tutor will be available when you arrive. The Center becomes busier as the semester goes on, so we suggest that you make appointments as far in advance of your due dates as possible.
Make a 25 or 50-minute appointment with a Writing Center tutor in these ways:
- Best option! Make an Appointment Online.
- Call if you need help making an appointment: 414-229-4339.
- Stop by the Writing Center (Curtin 127 or Library East Wing). If a tutor is available, he/she will assist you immediately. Be advised that tutors are often busy with writers who have scheduled appointments, so you may have to wait.
- Please do not email your paper ahead of time. Before we read along with you, we'll want to hear about your assignment, your concerns, and your goals. We always work collaboratively in real time. Whether in person or online, your voice and your choices are always part of our conversation.
- September through May, writers may schedule up to 2 hours per week via our website. Beyond that, walk-ins are welcome within reason.
- In summer due to our limited staff and hours, writers are welcome to reserve up to 2 hours per week and walk in for an additional hour per week but not to exceed 3 hours per week of reserved or unreserved time.
- For pedagogical and practical reasons, it is best that writers schedule no more than 1 visit per day even if a tutor is available.
If you cannot keep your appointment, please cancel online as a courtesy to other writers and Writing Center staff. Thank you.