2016 Summer Hours
June 1 - June 16
Tuesday - Thursday 10am - 3 pm
June 20 - August 18
Monday - Thursday 10am - 3 pm
All summer sessions in CRT 127.
Curtin Hall 127
Library East Wing
Writing Center Policies
Every writer has the right to work with a tutor who...
- Is knowledgeable in and trained in effective techniques.
- Will practice patience and positive reinforcement and will encourage the writer to become an independent thinker.
- Respects and appreciates differences of ethnicity, race, gender, age, and beliefs.
- Accepts individuals without personal judgments or comparisons with others.
- Allows the writer to make final decisions regarding work and assignments.
- Begins the session on time.
- Informs the director or assistant coordinator when a problem arises.
- Keeps information about specific students and their work confidential.
- Comes to sessions free of alcohol and drugs.
- Maintains appropriate rules to promote effective tutoring such as scheduling, cancellations, space, noise, conduct, standards of dress, and cleanliness.
Every tutor has the right to...
- Be treated with respect by the writers and staff without regard to differences of ethnicity, race, gender, age, or beliefs.
- Be treated as a tutor, not as an instructor.
- Expect the writer to come focused and prepared for work during the sessions.
- Expect sessions to begin on time.
- Be comfortable telling the writer, "I don't know, but I will find out."
- Confer with a director or assistant coordinator regarding assignment or expectations.
- Refuse to do a writer's work and encourage the writer to be an independent thinker.
- Expect the writer to come to sessions free of alcohol and drugs.