Writing Center – Meet Our Tutors
All tutors are trained to converse with writers regardless of the subject or task. To select a specific tutor, however, this list of tutors’ self-declared academic majors, experience and interests may help you decide.
- Amanda P.
English, Creative Writing, Poetry, Literary Analysis, MLA
- English, Literary Theory, Film Theory, Criticism, MLA, Online Library Research, Resume/CVs, Personal Statements, Grant Writing
English, Education, ESL, Online Research, APA, MLA, CSE/CBE, Chicago Style, Grant Writing
Biology, Psychology, Scientific Writing, C/Vs, Personal Statements
Social Work, Psychology, Lab Reports, Research Writing, APA
- English, Technical Writing, Business Writing, Literary Analysis, MLA, Labor Relations
English, Literary Studies, Creative Writing, Research, Public Speaking, German, MLA
English, Film/Media Studies, Literature/Criticism, Fiction, Online Research, Personal Statements, Resumes/CVs, Screenwriting, MLA
- Curriculum & Instruction, Education Policy, Literary Analysis, Critical Theory, Creative Writing, MLA
- Jonathan B.
- History, Ethnic Studies, Anthropology, MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, Archival and Electronic Research, Fiction, Screen and Stage plays, Resumes
- Jonathan D.
- Communication, APA, ESL, Grant Writing, Sciences (Bio-science, Public Health, Aviation), Fiction, Rhetoric
- Josh H.
- Professional and Technical Writing, Business Writing, LGBT Studies, Chicago Manual of Style, AP, Creative Writing, Cultural Studies, Literary Analysis, Document Design
- Josh W.
- Literary Studies, English Education, Creative Writing, Research, Mass Communication, MLA, APA, Grant Writing
- Kendall S.
- Political Science, Philosophy, Chicago Manual of Style, Database Research, Analytical Essays
Professional/Technical Writing, Grant Writing, Document Design, Research, MLA
- Secondary English Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Voice Performance, Creative Writing (fiction and non-fiction), Resumes, Narrative Writing, MLA, Music
- Leah F.
- English and Literacy Studies, Women's Studies, Literary and Film Analysis, Resumes, MLA, ASL
- Liz Z.
- Dance, Journalism/Mass Communication, Honors College
- Max N.
- Analytical Essays, Film Studies, Media Studies (film/TV/music/journalism), Research Papers
English Education, Women's Studies, Literary Analysis, Close Reading, MLA
- Rhetoric and Composition, Literary Analysis, Psychology, Social Sciences, Research Writing, Personal Statements, Linguistics, MLA
- Molly U.
- Rhetoric and Composition, English Education, Feminist/Queer/Gender Studies, Social Justice
English, Poetry, Creative Writing, History, Philosophy, Fine Art, Business/Technical Writing, ESL, Polish, Russian, MLA
- English and Bilingual/ESL Education, Literary Criticism, Curriculum and Instruction, Creative Writing, Poetry, MLA, some APA, Library Resources: databases, loans, etc.
English, Creative Writing, Literary Criticism and Analysis, Creative Fiction/Non-Fiction
- English, Poetry, Creative Writing, Resumes/CVs, Personal Statements, Artist Statements, MLA