Gain knowledge of interviewing techniques to better sell yourself to an interviewer and to present powerful interview answers. Learn about various interviewing styles, do's and don'ts, and frequently asked questions.
- CDC Employment Interview Packet Information on employer research, strategies before, during and after the interview as well as hands on examples of effective interview responses and questions to ask. Worksheets are available on developing your "personal commercial" and integrating employer information throughout the interview process.
- Guide to Job Interviewing Resources Link to information on interview preparation, styles, tips, frequently asked questions, techniques for answering questions, questions you should be asking, and followup.
Practice/Mock Interviews. You may make an appointment with a CDC staff member to address your interviewing questions/concerns and may also participate in a practice "mock" interview. If you are interested in having a videotaped practice interview, please notify the CDC of this when making your appointment and bring a VHS tape with you to the session.
- A CDC staff member will present tailored resume and cover letter writing workshops for your student organization, class, or social group, scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. A minimum of ten (10) participants and two-week advance notice is required. However, a two-week notice does not guarantee staff availability. If interested, complete an online Show on the Road Program Request Form.
Videos. These are some of the video resources that are available for viewing in the Career Development Center:
- Effective Answers to Interview Questions
- Marketing Your Liberal Arts Skills in the Interview
- How to Get the Job You Want
- Answering Problem Interview Questions
- The Employment Interview: American Style
Books. These are some of the print resources available for viewing in the Career Development Center:
- Sweaty Palms the Neglected Art of Being Interviewed
- Interview for Success
- Hot Tips, Sneaky Tricks, and Last Ditch Tactics