Kinesiology: B.S. Kinesiology

Frequently Asked Questions

I am a high school student or a student at another institution of higher education, and I would like to come to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Health Sciences. What do I need to do?
Your first step is to carefully review the UWM Admissions website. There you will find all the information prospective students need. If you would like to make arrangements for you or your family to come to campus, UWM Admissions can connect you to the Campus Visitor's Center, which will provide information on regularly scheduled programs for prospective students. If in addition to the Visitor's Center program you would like to meet with an academic advisor, please contact the College of Health Sciences Office of Student Affairs at (414) 229-2758 to schedule an appointment. There are particular times during the academic year when advisors are unavailable to prospective students due to commitments with current students.

I am already a student at UWM, and I would like to pursue Kinesiology as my undergraduate major. What do I need to do?
First, explore the B.S. Kinesiology website to learn more about the program and requirements of the curriculum. Second, schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by calling the College of Health Sciences Office of Student Affairs at (414) 229-2758.

What kind of job can I get with a degree in Kinesiology?
Please refer to Career Opportunities in Kinesiology. Additional options are made available by the American Kinesiology Association. Students may also consult with an advisor to discuss career options.

What types of classes would I take in Kinesiology?
Students complete the B.S. Kinesiology Curriculum as set forth by the Department of Kinesiology. Your academic advisor will work with you regarding semester-by-semester course planning and completion of degree requirements. You may find course descriptions for all Kinesiology courses in the Undergraduate Catalog.

Do I need to set up an appointment to meet with an academic advisor?
Yes. Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor each and every semester in which they are enrolled in the College of Health Sciences.  Appointments may be scheduled by calling (414) 229-2758. Appointments are not scheduled via email.

I want to take a class over the summer at a different institution. How can I make sure it will transfer to UWM to fulfill a requirement? Where do I send my transcripts once the course(s) is completed?
Always consult with your academic advisor before registering for a summer course away from UWM. Utilize the Transfer Equivalency Database to determine if an equivalency rule has already been establish for your particular course and institution of interest. Once you have completed the course, please order the transcript to be sent to the Registrar’s Office, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 729, Milwaukee, WI 53201-0729.

I need CPR and/or First Aid certification. Whom should I contact?
Many organizations offer certification, including the Department of Recreational Sports at UWM.

I am interested in scholarships offered in the College of Health Sciences. Where do I start?
Visit the Financial Support page of the College of Health Sciences Office of Student Affairs website.

How do I find out more about the Honors College and incorporating honors coursework into my Kinesiology major?
Contact an advisor in the Honors College.