Kinesiology: B.S. Kinesiology
All students are eligible to pursue general education requirements and foundations courses associated with the curriculum, so long as they meet the necessary prerequisites for each course. Students are considered "Kinesiology-Intended" until they submit an application and are officially admitted to the major.
To be eligible for admission to the major and enrollment in the professional core courses of the curriculum, students must submit an application, have a UWM cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.500 or higher, and the following prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better or be in progress at the time of application submission:
- Biological Sciences 202: Anatomy & Physiology I
- Biological Sciences 203: Anatomy & Physiology II
- Chemistry 100: Chemical Science*
- Kinesiology 270: Statistics in the Health Professions**
- Physics 120: General Physics I***
*Chemistry 101, 102, 103, and 104 are permitted substitutes for Chemistry 100.
**Business Administration 210, Mathematical Statistics 215, and Psychology 210 are permitted substitutes for Kinesiology 270.
***Physics 122 and 209 are permitted substitutes for Physics 120.
The application for admission to the Kinesiology major is available during the months of February and September. Click here to access the application for admission to the major. Partner with your academic advisor every semester to identify the best time for you to apply.
- Applications for spring admission are due by October 1st in the preceding Fall semester.
- Application for summer/fall admission are due by March 1st in the preceding Spring semester.
Applicants are notified of admission status via email from the program within four weeks of the application deadline.
Students who have been admitted to the major and are thus eligible for enrollment in professional core courses must maintain satisfactory academic progress as follows:
- Minimum term and cumulative GPA of 2.750 in professional core courses.
- Minimum UWM cumulative GPA of 2.500.
Students who do not maintain these criteria will be placed on probation in the major for one semester. Students who do not meet the criteria after one semester on probation (fall or spring) will be dismissed from the program.