Office of Student Affairs
Take PRIDE in CHS!
Successful CHS students follow the helpful tips below to make the most of their collegiate experience. Have a question? Contact your academic advisor.
P - Prioritize academic success!
- Attend class!
- Study a minimum of 2-3 hours/week for every credit in which you are enrolled.
- Limit part-time employment to 10-15 hours/week when possible.
- Access UWM email, D2L, and PAWS daily to stay informed.
R - Reach out!
- Meet with your CHS advisor every semester (or more often if needed).
- Connect with your instructors and teaching assistants by attending office hours.
- Utilize your mentor and resident assistant throughout your first year on campus.
I - Involve yourself!
- Join the student organization affiliated with your CHS major.
- Explore campus-wide student organizations.
- Research national organizations associated with your future profession.
- Inquire about undergraduate research opportunities to complement your studies.
D - Develop a plan!
- Meet with your CHS advisor before priority enrollment begins. To schedule an appointment, call (414) 229-2758 or visit Northwest Quadrant Building B, Room 6425.
- Research the UWM Schedule of Classes to discover what courses are offered next semester.
- Populate your enrollment shopping cart in PAWS with the courses recommended by your CHS advisor.
- Enroll in classes in PAWS on the day of your enrollment appointment!
E - Explore career opportunities!
- Utilize the Career Development Center.
- Chat with your CHS advisor about career paths associated with your major.
- Job shadow with local businesses, facilities, and clinics.
- Attend the Exploring Majors Fair (February) and the CHS Career Fair (April).
CLICK HERE to download the CHS PRIDE document.