"As a member of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee community, I will conduct myself with academic integrity and civility."
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is a community of scholars including students, faculty, staff, and administrators. Joining the community is both a privilege and a responsibility; it obligates each member to reinforce a culture of mutual caring along with a vigorous and engaging exploration of facts, artistry, scholarship, theories, and academic practice. To fulfill these principles, all members of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee community are asked to subscribe to the following values and beliefs:
Students, faculty, staff, and administrators at UWM will:
- Create a culture based on inquiry, knowledge, thoughtfulness, and accomplishment.
- Share a commitment to scholarly excellence and integrity.
- Treat one another with respect, mutual understanding, and sensitivity to difference.
- Cultivate the ability to listen and to be responsive to others.
- Learn to be reflective and self-reflective.
- Promote each other's health, safety, and well-being.
- Take pride in being a member of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee community.
Allegiance to these ideals requires all of us to set high standards for ourselves and others. To foster a sense of community at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, each of us must reinforce positive values and actions in ourselves and in others.