Volunteers Needed: May 2013 Commencement Marshals
No registrations accepted. The date of this event has passed.
This event is open to:
Classified Staff, Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, Non-Teaching Academic Staff
Date: Sunday, May 19, 2013
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: US Cellular Arena, Milwaukee
There are two ceremonies. The 9:00am ceremony (Black Ceremony) includes Bachelors, Masters & PhD's from SARUP, L&S, SOIS, Freshwater, Public Health, and PSOA. The 1:30pm ceremony (Gold Ceremony)includes Bachelors, Masters & PhD's from BUS, EDUC, CEAS, HLTH SCI, SOC WEL, and NURSING. Marshals for the Black Ceremony (9:00 am) are needed from 8:00am until about 11:45am. Marshals for the Gold Ceremony (1:30 pm) are needed from 12:30pm until about 4:00pm. You can marshal for both ceremonies or one ceremony of your choosing.
Marshals are needed for the entire duration of the ceremony. Both commencement ceremonies will take place at the U.S. Cellular Arena, 400 W. Kilbourn Avenue, downtown Milwaukee. Parking passes are given to all Marshals, so parking will be free.
Marshal duties include:
1. Attend the Marshal Luncheon (informational and orientation session) on Thursday, May 16, 2013, 12:00pm-1:30pm, at Union 345BC (3rd floor). Lunch will be provided. If you cannot attend the luncheon, Paul Rediske, Chief Marshal, will attempt to meet with you individually to go over details.
2. Assist students with lining up according to school/college.
3. Ensure that all students have completed a name card.
4. Lead students to seating areas according to school/college for processional.
5. Lead students to stage for degree distribution.
6. Lead students from seating areas for recessional.
7. Answer general questions from students.
8. Any other logistical and/or directional duties as needed to help the ceremony run smoothly.
Snacks and beverages are offered before and after the ceremony. Lunch will be provided to Marshals who marshal both morning and afternoon ceremonies. Marshals wear gold gowns during the ceremony.
This event counts as University Service.
For more information or to request special accommodations, contact:
Paul Rediske, 229-5586