Ask The Panther
Ask any financial aid question and get answers right away!
View top ten »

Transfer Students

  • Financial aid is school specific; funds do not transfer from one school to another.
  • A transfer student's financial aid application and eligibility must be reevaluated at UWM.
  • All applicants must be admitted to UWM before being evaluated for financial aid.
  • If UW-Milwaukee was included on an original application, our office should be contacted for instructions on activating and completing the application at UW-Milwaukee.
  • If UW-Milwaukee was not included on the original application, our school code (003896) should be added by making the correction online at
  • If you plan to transfer to another university during an academic year, please contact us to request that aid offered by UW-Milwaukee be canceled in order that it may be offered by new school.
  • If you are transferring to UWM during an academic year and your previous school offered aid to you for the same period of enrollment, make sure you contact them and request that they cancel the offer. Until we can confirm this, we will not be able to disburse any aid for attendance at UWM.