At the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) serves all of the schools and colleges and works to advance campus-wide initiatives. To strengthen UWM’s learning and research environment, CFR helps identify appropriate corporate and foundation grantmakers and helps present opportunities for them to achieve their philanthropic objectives by supporting University projects and programs relevant to the funder.
Understanding that many companies and grantmaking foundations may have interests in multiple units or activities across campus, CFR works with representatives of these partner organizations (such as program officers in foundations or university relations directors at companies) to coordinate and facilitate interactions with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee academic departments, centers, institutes and offices.
As a “central staff” function of the UWM Office of Development, CFR supports the efforts of development directors and UWM faculty and personnel by offering a range of services designed to successfully seek and secure gifts and grants from foundations, business, and industry. These services include:
- Managing and coordinating the overall grant-seeking process, including the development and submission of written Letters of Inquiry and Proposals, and the preparation of post-award stewardship and progress reports
- Identifying foundation, corporate and private agency funding prospects
- Researching and analyzing funding capacity and project match of prospects
- Seeking out current Request For Proposals (RFP) from private sector resources
- Keeping an up-dated private sector funding deadline calendar
- Researching and compiling pertinent institutional information for inclusion in grant proposals; developing, writing and keeping up-to-date standardized paragraphs about UWM, its activities, and the surrounding community for use in grant proposals
- Organizing and monitoring the grant-seeking efforts of faculty member-development director teams and helping integrate proposal components into a compelling case for support
- Consulting to provide advice and assistance, such as proposal review and editing
For more information, please contact:
Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Phone: (414) 229-3019
Assistant Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Phone: (414) 229-3297