The Research Computing Service support model focuses on providing one-on-one interpersonal assistance as much as possible in order to meet the unique and complex needs of each researcher. Direct user support is provided by "facilitators" who are employed by individual schools and colleges, and therefore specialize in assisting with particular types of research. The facilitators also work with each other as part of the support group in order to maximize the economic benefits of providing a centralized Research Computing service.

For more information, please click on the "Support" tab.

Requesting Access

General Research Computing resources, such as the Avi and Mortimer HPC clusters, are available to UWM faculty and their assistants for grant-related research. Educational Research Computing resources, such as the Peregrine HPC cluster, are available to UWM students for course work and independent research projects.  The Meadows HTC grid is available to all UWM students and researchers.

Students and researchers interested in utilizing the Research Computing service can request access using the form below. A facilitator will contact you to assess your needs and help you get started.

College or school within UWM (L&S, CEAS, etc.)

Please describe how you intend to use the HPC service