- Physics for Future Presidents (Alex Ormandy)
- This is a non-calculus introduction to physics for the intellectually curious. Some of the questions we will discuss, include ...
- How do we know something is true? What is truth? Is it a matter of opinion?
- Does Einstein’s Relativity mean everything is relative? Relative to what?
- Is there something wrong with you if you understand Quantum Mechanics?
- What is the role of physics in everyday life? Is the question an oxymoron?
- FYRE: 1st Year Research Experience in Physics (Valerica Raicu)
- The first part of this research seminar introduces students to quantitative aspects of physics and biophysics through basic but exciting optics experiments using lenses and mirrors as well as hands-on exercises involving construction and use of optical tools such as microscopes, telescopes and spectrometers.
Note: Requires concurrent registration in one of the following Math courses: 116, 117, 211 or 231 - Talk to your advisor.