- Financial Aid Information
- Teaching, Project and Research Assistantships
- Graduate Assistantship Stipend Information
- Graduate School Fellowships
Department of Geography Aid
The Department of Geography provides assistantships and the Mary Jo Read Fellowship to qualified incoming and continuing graduate students. The Mary Jo Read Geography Fund, with estimated assets of more than $1 million, will benefit the department by providing scholarships, fellowships, and merit awards to students who demonstrate academic excellence in the field. More details including application forms are available at the Mary Jo Read Fellowship page.
Specifically, the fund earmarks the following:
- Fellowships for geography graduate students, typically to provide additional financial support to those also holding teaching, project, or research assistantships. Both new and continuing students are eligible for these fellowships each year.New student yearly awards are $10,000 ($5,000 per semester), and continuing student yearly awards are $5,000 ($2,500 per semester).
- Up to $1,000 travel grants for graduate and undergraduate students. These scholarships are to fund capstone travel, research, and professional development experiences.
Incoming students are automatically considered for funding when their applications arrive by Dec 1st. Continuing students seeking assistantship or Mary Jo Read Fellowship for the next academic year should submit an application form (Word, PDF) to the Department office by Dec 1st of the current calendar year.