The CQ: Career Quest
Great Choice for You If:
- You are exploring and deciding on majors and/or careers that will best fit you
Purpose:To help students clarify their interests, values, and skills; identify and explore majors and careers; make effective career decisions; and formulate future career goals.
- Connecting with students facing similar decisions
- Participating in hands-on learning with activities and events that allow for self exploration and career research
- Receiving personalized assistance from a professional career counselor
- Ed Psy 101: Planning Your Major/Career (2 credits)
In Their Own Words:
Jamesetta Davis, LLC Student:
“This LLC course has not only helped me learn about different careers and possible career paths I can take, it has also helped me learn about myself, my values, my interests, and what I truly want to accomplish in pursuing my bachelor’s degree at UWM.”
Arpita Ghosh, LLC Instructor:
"As the course instructor for Ed Psy 101, teaching the LLC section is a lot of fun! The Creating Your Future LLC is comprised of an engaged group of students who support each others' goals both in and out of the classroom. I enjoy teaching this particular section because it not only provides me with knowledge of where they are in choosing a major, but also gives me a greater sense of who they are as individuals living in the community. Our discussions do not stop in the classroom which is beneficial as my students explore their interests values and skills, and build friendships."
Ian Clavel, LLC Student
"I enjoy my LLC because we do fun activities. My favorite part about it is the college scorecard. It allowed me to explore ideas for exploration in new careers! I also like both the teacher and mentor. I believe my parents showed me the LLC's which is how I signed up."
Last Updated: 11/26/13