The Peer Health Advocates is an ever evolving organization whose aim is to improve the health of our diverse student body by creating a presence of well-being, human dignity and social justice that can lead to genuine health throughout the campus and the community.
Our Services Include:
To use these services or become part of PHA call:
- Facilitating workshops in Sandburg Halls, classes, Health Promotion and Wellness and promotion programs in a variety of settings, various community sites, orientations, and for other organizations.
- Offering information and referrals on health risks, prevention and intervention literature, web sites, campus bulletin boards, audio/visual materials and information booths.
- Assisting in the planning and facilitation process of campus and community events in collaboration with communal agencies and NHC.
- Our office in Union E379 229-4385
- Laura Stuart, MPH 229-2919
- Colleen Bernstein, RN 229-6668
The Student Health Advisory and Oversight Committee(SHAOC) is comprised of students and nonvoting Norris staff who provide input and specific recommendations on such matters as Heath Center programs and services, policy and budget.
The SHAOC is appointed annually and advises Student Health Services about services and fees. SHAOC members are appointed and applications are taken. If you are interested in the position call the Director of Norris Health Center, Dr. Julie Bonner at 414-229-4716.
SHAOC is the official student representative body designated to provide the UW-Milwaukee Norris Health Center student view and advisory input on the health service budget.