Who is Eligible for Services?
If you are currently enrolled for class credit at UWM and pay the student segregated fee, you may use many Norris Health Center services without paying additional fees. There is no charge for an office visit to see a primary health care provider, counselor, or psychiatrist. Fees are charged for office visits to a specialty care physician, procedures, laboratory tests, medications and injections. A summer use fee is charged for students not enrolled during the summer.
Eligibility for full services during the academic year:
- students currently registered for class credit and have paid the student-segregated fee
- students currently registered for audit, off-campus or on-line course(s) and have paid the full student-segregated fee
Eligibility for full services during the summer includes:
- students currently registered for summer class credit and have paid the full student-segregated fee
- students not registered for summer course(s) or those who are taking audit, off-campus or on-line courses but were registered for the previous fall and/or spring semester(s) and are enrolled for the following fall semester and have paid the summer use fee
- spring graduates not registered for summer course(s) and have paid the summer use fee
UWM faculty/staff are not eligible to use Norris Health Center services.
- For summer 2014 the ONE-TIME summer use fee is $60.00 to receive full NHC services through 8/22/2014.
- Students registered for the previous spring are eligible to use Norris pharmacy services during the summer without paying the summer fee for over-the-counter medicines and Norris prescribed medication refills.
When Does Eligibility Begin and End?
NHC Student Eligibility Dates:
|| Eligibility Begins
|| Eligibility Ends
Exceptions to Standard Eligibility for Students
- Students not registered for the upcoming fall or spring semester may have one scheduled follow-up, as requested and documented by the treating provider after the eligibility period.
- Student teachers will be eligible for services until the end of their field placement, which is governed by the public school calendar. This date will be obtained from the School of Education each semester along with a list of eligible student teachers.
- Non-credit program students are eligible for services as stipulated in letter of agreement between Norris Health Center and the UWM sponsoring program which provides a list of eligible participants.