UWM Home
Norris Health Center
Home  |  About Norris  |  For Students  |  Services  |  Partnerships  |  Mental Health  |  Contact Us  |
About Norris



Print Format
Who can use Norris Health Center?

To be eligible to use Norris Health Center you must be currently enrolled for a class credit at UWM and pay the student segregated fee. You need a valid Student ID Card. Fees are charged for some services, such as outside laboratory tests, pharmacy prescriptions and injections. A summer fee is charged for students not enrolled during the summer. There are no services provided for spouses, family or domestic partners.

How much do services cost at Norris Health Center?

For the most part, the services available are prepaid as part of tuition and fees. However, Norris Health Center does not cover hospital inpatient, emergency room, or immediate care treatment provided outside our facility. You are not required to have health insurance to use our health center. If you are eligible for insurance under someone elses policy (e.g., parent, spouse), familiarize yourself with its terms and limits. For information about the health insurance policy for students call UWM Student Association at 229-4366.

Can commuter students use the health Center?

Commuter students are welcome to use the health center. You can call and make an appointment or come to the clinic as a walk-in.

Does the health center require health and immunization records for all students?

The Health Center does not require that immunization records be submitted when admitted to UWM. When a student is seen in the health center they complete a history form.

Does the health center bill insurance?

Norris Health Center does not do any third party billing. Students may take receipts from a health center visit and submit to their private insurance.

© 2004-2016 NHC. All rights reserved. Last updated: January 30, 2014
Home | FAQs | Patient Rights | Contact Us

*Note: UWM and Norris Health Center are not responsible for any content
contained on sites outside of the control of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee