Parking Banner No Text






Student Association

Student UPASS

In cooperation with the Milwaukee County Transit System, the University developed the UPASS transit program to serve both commuting students and students living on or near campus. There are 6 local bus routes and 3 express bus routes in Milwaukee County that take passengers directly to the University.

What is a UPASS or M-Card?

The M-Card or UPASS is a new card device that is scanned in order to gain access to any MCTS bus at no charge. (Must show current student ID with UPASS)

Get your UPASS or M-Card

Eligible students may collect a UPASS at the Parking & Transit Office during regular office hours. (See eligibility requirements below)

Lose your UPASS?

If a student loses the UPASS issued to them, there is a $45 replacement fee, and the department can only issue one replacement UPASS/M-Card to each student. Any student that loses their replacement M-Card will not be eligible for another one.


To be eligible, you must be a student taking at least one class for credit on the Kenwood campus (not online). The cost of the M-Card is included in your tuition as part of the student segregated fees.

The UPASS or M-Card is accepted as full fare on every MCTS-operated bus route, whether it's a local, freeway flyer, or special route. Your M-Card must be presented with a valid student ID in order to ride the bus.

Six local routes come directly to campus:

GREEN Line Oakland-Water St.

RED Line Capitol Dr.

21 North Avenue*

22 Center Street

30 Sherman-Wisconsin

60 Burleigh Street*

*Note that the 21 and 60 only come to campus during Fall, Winter, & Spring semesters

To access express freeway flyer routes to campus, visit the Park & Ride page.


Wheelchair-accessible buses are available. For detailed Milwaukee County Bus timetable information visit MCTS on the web at or call the MCTS BusLine at 414-344-6711.

Twitter -
Facebook -