The Department of Dance distributes around $40,000 in scholarships and awards to undergraduate and graduate students each year. Undergraduate scholarships range from $400-1,500 per year (amount split over fall/spring semesters), and departmental graduate scholarships range from $500-4,000. In most cases, students may be awarded multiple awards.
For information on additional financial aid and scholarship offerings at UW-Milwaukee, please visit uwm.edu/financialaid.
Undergraduate Student Scholarships
1. Incoming Student Award: no application required; award is faculty-nominated based on the student's entrance audition for admission to the program. Award may be for one year only, or for up to four years, as long as the student continues to meet the stated requirements.
2. Dance Undergraduate Student Scholarship: application required, and students must have completed at least one semester of the Dance Program. Demonstrated excellence in the Dance Major is the main criteria.
Graduate Student Scholarships/Fellowships
1. Departmental Award: no application required; award is faculty-nominated based on application materials and is awarded during the summer sessions only.
2. Chancellor's Graduate Student Award: no application required; award is faculty-nominated based on application materials and is awarded during to summer sessions only, for up to two semesters only. Funding provided by Peck School of the Arts Dean's Office.
3. Graduate School Awards: Graduate School Fellowship, Advanced Opportunity Fellowship, and Graduate Student Travel Awards. Application dates for the GSF and the AOP applications each January/February are set by the Dance Department, and announced via email to admitted students.
Due to the program structure, the UW-Milwaukee Dance Department does not offer any Teaching or Project Assistantships to MFA students. Please send any scholarship questions via the info request form or call 414-229-2571.