Your Success is Our Success
The School of Architecture and Urban Planning’s advising staff is here to ensure that students are properly registered, that they are taking the appropriate classes for their major, and to see that they have the proper credits and classes needed to graduate. Advisors are available to direct students toward course work that is in line with their interests and discuss means to attain skills and knowledge that meets their aspirations, whether through electives, minors, certificates, or even a second major.
Meet With Your Advisor Every Semester
Advising is generally done on an appointment basis. For Fall Semester class registration, schedule an advising appointment in March, one month prior to April registration. For scheduling Spring Semester classes, make your appointment for October or early November. New transfer students should meet with an advisor prior to registration.
Meet With Your Advisor When You:
- Are preparing to register for the next semester. The Advising Office will assist you in the development of a course of study that reflects your academic background and academic goals.
- Have questions about majors, minors, or certificate programs.
- Want to plan a schedule for the next semester or create an academic plan for your major.
- Have questions about the registration process.
- Have questions about anything on campus from "How to drop or add classes" to "Where can I get career information?"
- When you are having academic difficulties.
- Need proper referrals to available campus and community resources.
- Need assistance with future academic or professional opportunities in SARUP.