Look to SCE for professional certificates in social media that provide the skills and credentials you need to succeed!
The Social Media Manager Certificate is for individuals responsible for the strategic planning, alignment and integration of social media within their organization. Course elements and curriculum are focused on:
- Identifying business opportunities that social media can support
- Aligning social media efforts to organizational goals
- Delivering a social media strategy
- Creating content roadmaps and measurement frameworks that integrate social media into the business
Worried that you can’t work professional development into your busy schedule? Social Media certificates are offered online so that you can integrate learning into your busy schedule.
The Social Media Manager Certificate is earned by taking six courses over 12 weeks. See detailed outlines for each course within the certificate by clicking the arrow next to the course title.
Social Media ROI by Olivier Blanchard
ISBN 10: 0-7897-4741-3
*The text book is required for the course and is purchased by participant
Social Media and Your Business
This course is designed to create a foundational understanding of the rise of social media and its place in today’s business world. Topics include a discussion of various social media platforms and the impact on business. Explore data that supports the use and integration of social media into the business environment. Review the changes in the digital landscape and the evolution of social media through case studies for both successful and failed social media programs.
- Understanding the impact of social media on the business environment
- Identifying and applying social media usage data to business strategy
- Understanding social media's impact on your business
- Demonstrate the importance that social media has in the business strategy by presenting case studies and business data relevant to your organization
- Highlight opportunities to leverage social media within your industry
Listening and Monitoring Frameworks
This course focuses on the process of establishing a social media listening program to help organizations understand audience needs, support brand awareness, create online word of mouth and identify business opportunities within the social media landscape. Listening platforms are key to successful outcomes for social media programs and need to be strategically designed and supported throughout the organization.
- Understand how social media allows for customer control of messaging and word of mouth
- Recognize the importance of a response framework for brand mentions and online conversations
- Evaluate and select platforms based on user activity, feedback and research
- Create a social media monitoring program
- Develop a response framework for daily and crisis communications
- Identify social media platforms by audience activity and type
Developing and Integrating Social Media Strategy
Learn to create an integrated social media program that supports business goals and objectives while meeting user needs and expectations. Discuss key aspects of managing the social media function, which include identifying business goals, social media objectives and setting measurable targets that guide program development. With clarity around goals, objectives and outcomes, draft strategies and tactics are documented and become the core components of your social media program.
- Identify opportunities to leverage social media to support business goals
- Explore the creation of objectives and targets for a social media program
- Explore strategies that deliver on business goals, objectives and targets
- Document business goals and define objectives and measurable targets
- Document strategies that unite business goals and audience needs
- Create a draft strategy document that will be the foundation of the social media program
Content Planning and Management
This course explores the role of content in powering a successful social media program from a Social Media Manager perspective. Identify content needs and organizational resources and create a content strategy to drive activity within the social media program. Curriculum focuses on the steps involved in the planning, production and measurement of a successful content strategy.
- Understanding the role content plays in a successful social media program
- Exploring content planning and resource allocation
- Establish content matrix for production and management
- Develop a content life cycle matrix
- Create a content strategy document
- Update the strategy brief to reflect content and platform selection
Social Media ROI
Establishing a strategic framework to measure the performance of a social media program is the focus of this course in the Management track. Explore the business rationale and support for return on objectives and return on investments. Establish measurement frameworks, tracking mechanisms and performance reports that demonstrate the outcomes of a social media program.
- Understand the role of performance metrics in a social media program
- Understand how to measure return on objectives and investment
- Exploring financial and non-financial impacts of social media on the business
- Identify measurement guidelines and resource needs
- Develop a continuum of activity map to demonstrate social media impact on business activity
- Develop a social media measurement, insight and performance reporting process
Social Media Capstone
The capstone course brings all of the elements learned in the previous five courses together into a cohesive presentation. Complete your strategy documents, supporting materials and organize the material into a formal presentation. The capstone course enables you to present a strategic social media plan with integrated tactical elements to your cohort group within the course and to upper management within your organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of key program elements
- Learn to organize and present a strategic social media program
- Create a social media strategy overview presentation
- Deliver social media strategy and supporting documents
- A social media plan that can be presented to your organization
- Tactical elements with the plan that will allow you to develop a robust social media program within the organization