The Credential Program for Child Care Administrators offers an 18-credit sequence of six courses leading to the Wisconsin Professional Credential for Child Care Administrators. The six seminar-type courses offer up-to-date information on child care administration. The courses feature active involvement through presentations, discussions, information sharing, individual projects and group activities.
The Registry, Wisconsin's Professional Recognition System, awards the credential.
The Credential Program courses are offered in a variety of formats designed to meet the needs of busy child care professionals and are offered in convenient and easily accessible locations or online.
Certificate in Child Care Administration
The Certificate in Child Care Administration is earned alongside the Administrator Credential. Successful completion of our 18-credit sequence of six courses gives you the ability to earn both the Certificate in Child Care Administration, which is awarded by the Center, and the Wisconsin Professional Credential for Child Care Administrators, which is awarded by The Registry, Wisconsin's Professional Recognition System. Note: You must complete all six Administrator Credential courses through the Center in order to qualify for the Certificate in Child Care.
The goal of both the Certificate and Credential Programs is to improve the quality of early care and education programs by offering:
- Up-to-date information on child care administration and organizational management
- Practical information that administrators can put to use in their child care program right away
- Current concepts and "best practices" in administration, management
- Activities and experiences that improve the knowledge base, skills and
competencies of administrators, family child care providers and teachers
- A community of learners that exchanges ideas and shares resources while building a professional network of support
- Face-to-face, blended and online formats, whichever is more suited to your needs, interests and learning styles
- Courses that can be taken for either undergraduate or graduate credit