BUILDING CHAIRPERSONS, FUNCTIONS OF
Date: January 1998--Rev.(2)
Authority: UWM Administration
One individual is designated annually to serve as "Building Chair"
for each building at UWM, by the Assistant Chancellor of Administrative Affairs.
The functions of a building chair are to:
- Notify the Physical Plant Services Dispatcher (x 4742) of any malfunctions
of facilities or equipment (i.e., roofs, corridors, rest rooms, building exteriors,
etc.) that is not under the direct supervision of any department chair.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and Physical Plant Services in matters
pertaining to building equipment and maintenance.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and the Campus Security Committee
and the University Police Department in matters pertaining to security and
safety issues and policies.
a. with the departments in the building, the placement of security information;
b. with Physical Plant Services, the placement of bulletin boards and
signs within the building;
c. with I&MT (Network Operations Center NOC), the location of public
campus phones within the building;
d. the assurance that all required postings are posted on the building
- Meet periodically with other building chairs to discuss matters related
to building maintenance and security. Assistant Chancellor for Administrative
Affairs will convene at least one meeting of building chairpersons per year.
- Be prepared to communicate with UWM Administrative Affairs' departments
on facility using e-mail.
- Appoint a Building Chairperson Alternate.