Frequently Asked Questions How may I register for Education Outreach Classes? Continuing Students:
Register through

New Online Applicants
A two-step process: (1) Admission (2) Registration

(1) For admission:Go to:
Click on "myAdmission"

Graduate credit:
Click on "Graduate" "Publications/Forms"
Scroll to "Application for off-campus graduate courses"
Undergraduate credit:
Click on "University Special Student"

Then click "web application" after New User, click "Register"
Follow the online instructions, fill out the application, then click "Register."

(2) For registration: 2-3 days after applying for admission online, you will receive through the U.S. Postal Service a confirmation letter of admission including your student ID number and personal identification number (PIN).

Proceed to REGISTER online for specific courses.
Go to:
Use the class number to expedite your online registration

ONLINE ASSISTANCE:Registration HELP DESK: 414-229-4040
Error Messages: 414-229-2504, or e-mail

Undergraduate assistance:
Call the Adult and Returning Students Services Office 414-229-6732, or e-mail

Graduate assistance:
Call the Graduate Student Services Office
414-229-3211 or 414-229-4495, or e-mail

EDUCATION OUTREACH:414-229-4728, if the above information does not meet your online registration needs.

FOR APPLICANTS WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS: Request a registration via mail:
Complete the "Off-campus Only Application and Registration" form, submitting it to:

UWM Education Outreach
579 Enderis Hall, PO Box 413
Milwaukee WI 53201
or call (414) 229-5255 for assistance.

AS A POST BACCALAUREATE, DO I NEED TO TAKE THE COURSES FOR GRADUATE CREDIT FOR TEACHER CERTIFICATION? Unless you are working on a master's degree or graduate program for which post bacc credits are approved for graduate credit, or if your school district requires you to earn graduate credit for the increased pay scale, you do not need to take university credit classes for graduate credit. Undergraduate credit is sufficient for teacher certification, according to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.

CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITSEvery 5 years, a Wisconsin certified educator needs to earn either 6 university credits or 180 hours of instruction as Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Some general non-credit programs conducted through the university offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) as a means of keeping record of formalized instruction.

[ Click here for maps and directions] or feel free to email or call us.