- SSC Home
- Contact Us
- First Year Student Success
- Tips for Success
- Event Calendar
- Learning Communities
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Common Reading Experience
- New Student Orientation
- Spring 2016
- Summer/Fall 2015
- Transfer / Adult Student Success
- Outstanding Nontraditional Students
- UWM PRIDE
- Transfer & Adult Student Orientation
- Success Checklist
- Spotlighted Offices for Adult & Transfer Students
- Campus Information
- Cultural/ Inclusion
- Getting Involved in Student Life
- Health and Wellness
- Legal & Safety
- On-Campus/Off-Campus Housing
- Professional Development/ Employment
- Relationship/ Family Concerns
- University 101 Course Offerings
- Student Resouces
- Personal Development
- Academic Development
- Faculty / Staff
- Start a Learning Community
- Access to Success Assesment
- Learning Outcomes
- Fall Welcome Information
- Tips For Parents
- Panther Families
- Parent/Family Orientation
- Parent Guide
- Meet the Mentors
- Make an Appointment
- Professional Staff Bios
- Become a Mentor/Orientation Leader
- UWM PRIDE
- Prioritize Academic Success
- Reach Out
- Involve Yourself
- Develop A Plan
- Explore Milwaukee And Beyond
Welcome to UWM!The Student Success Center offers Transfer and Adult Student Orientation (TASO) at different points during the year. These sessions are designed for accepted transfer and adult students and take place prior to your first term of enrollment at UWM.
Click HERE to register for Transfer and Adult Student Orientation
Click HERE to see the next steps transfer students should take to enroll
Click HERE to see the TASO Schedule
Transfer & Adult Student Orientation is a day long program with a variety of small group sessions to meet the diverse needs of our new transfer and adult students! During your day on campus, plan to learn about a variety of student success resources, find ways to get involved on campus, and meet other new transfer and adult students. While registering for your orientation date, you will also have the option to indicate that you want to meet with an Academic Advisor and enroll in courses during the program.
We look forward to meeting you at Transfer & Adult Student Orientation!
All dates for TASO have passed. For students starting Spring 2016, the date will be posted in November.
A few things you can do before Orientation:
- Pay your $150 New Transfer Confirmation Deposit* on PAWS
Apply for or transfer your Financial Aid
- Meet with your Advisor and enroll in courses. Advising and course enrollment is incorporated into orientation however you do not have to wait until orientation to complete advising and course enrollment.
- Get your ID card in Mellencamp Hall 274. You will be able to obtain a student ID card any time after paying your new transfer or new freshman fee but this option is also available during orientation.
*This deposit is not refundable if you attend TASO or Enroll in classes at any time.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
3409 N. Downer Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
***Please note that the Klotsche Center/Pavilion Parking Lot does not open for TASO Parking until 9:00am. If you arrive before then and do not pay $5 to receive a parking pass, you will need to pay the hourly rate in the garage to avoid being ticketed. Please plan accordingly.***