Obtaining Sponsored Access
Guests can obtain access to UWM WiFi’s wireless connection via the Sponsored option. This option should be used for visitors who require uninterrupted, high speed wireless Web access.
Guests must be sponsored by UWM faculty or staff who will assume responsibility for use of the UWM WiFi service. Guests are given a user name and password which only allows access to UWM WiFi.
To request sponsored guest access:
1. Contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the online request form GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
2. Include the following information:
- Timeframe for which access is required (up to 2 weeks)
- Guest name and affiliation/institution/organization
- Sponsor’s name and contact information including phone and email
- Purpose for guest’s visit
3. A UWM Help Desk Technician will provide a user name and password to you via email.
Use of the Sponsored option does NOT require device set-up. Faculty and staff sponsors may distribute the "Connecting to UWM Sponsored Wireless option" guideline to guests as needed.
NOTE: If the guest is from a participating eduroam institution, they may be able to use their local credentials to access the UWM WiFi eduroam option. However, they must have their device configured at their home institution in order to use UWM WiFi’s eduroam option.